We are currently seeking to fill a position for a part-time cashier. If you are looking for a flexible, casual job opportunity, this might be the perfect fit for you.
We are currently seeking experienced Cashiers to join our team at Dis-Chem Pharmacies in the Pretoria Region. As a Cashier, you will play a vital role in providing exceptional customer service and ensuring a top-notch shopping experience for our customers.
- Read Tips for a Successful Interview
- Casual Cashier – Carlswarld Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Cashiers – Fountain Est – Jeffrey’s Bay Jeffrey’s Bay, Eastern Cape
- Casual Cashiers – A Retief York Street – George George, Western Cape
- Casual Cashiers – Boardwalk Inkwz – Richards Bay Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal
- Cosmetic Cashier – Weskus Mall – Vredenburg Vredenburg, Western Cape
- Fixed Term Cashiers – Musgrave Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
part-time cashier, Rewards and benefits offered by Dis-Chem include Medihelp Lifestage, Momentum Multiply, Legacy Lifestyle, ABSA Rewards, and eBucks. It is important to follow Dis-Chem’s standard operating procedures when placing cash in the drop safe.
All outgoing stock, items, and scripts should be scanned and paid for. Money should be kept securely inside the till. Confidentiality should be maintained when handling daily takings and only discussed with management. If you notice any suspicious behavior, report it to management.
part-time cashier, You should also be able to address any queries regarding store merchandise and adhere to Dis-Chem’s security policies and procedures. Essential competencies for this position include knowledge of operating cash registers and maintaining cash drawers, as well as processing sales, refunds, and payments. Strong command of English, accuracy, attention to detail, and presentability are also important.
Other desirable competencies include emotional intelligence, social awareness, accountability, problem-solving, and the ability to analyze basic reports. Trustworthiness, honesty, and time management skills are also essential. It is advantageous to have a third additional language.
As a condition of employment, you must be willing and able to work retail hours, have reliable transportation or live close to the store, be a South African citizen, and have clear credit and criminal records. Remuneration and benefits include a market-related salary, medical aid, provident fund, and staff account rewards.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- A minimum of 6 months’ experience cashier/till operations experience
- Computer literate – MS Office
- Sound numerical skills
- Strong command of the English language
- Basic customer service
- Willing and able to work retail hours