TRAFFIC OFFICER POSITIONS,
JOB VACANCY: TRAFFIC OFFICER (TWO POSITIONS)
(TRAFFIC AND LICENSING SERVICES)
POSITION CODE: 230345
TASK Grade 8 (R291 012 – R404 568 per annum)
(Basic salary only, excluding benefits)
- Read Tips for a Successful Interview
- Must hold a valid Traffic Officer’s Certificate (ITO2).
- Grade 12 qualification is necessary.
- Registered as a Peace Officer.
- Possession of a valid Code EB driver’s licence.
- One to two years of relevant experience.
Desired Qualities and Skills:
- Physically fit and able-bodied.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competency in the above attributes will be assessed during the selection process.
The role involves monitoring and addressing situations related to traffic congestion and offences that pose risks to public safety. This includes conducting investigations, traffic patrols, and controls. The officer will enforce traffic compliance, coordinate operational tasks, and execute warrants of arrest to ensure public safety and compliance with the National Road Traffic Act and other relevant laws.
- May be required to work overtime and in various weather conditions.
- Candidates will undergo pre-employment screening, medical examination, security vetting, and psychometric assessment as part of the selection process.
The available benefits include participation in a variety of schemes, such as the Group Life Assurance Scheme, the Housing Subsidy Scheme, and the Car Scheme, as well as normal leave and sick leave benefits.
To apply for the advertised vacancy, please submit your application and supporting documents online through the municipal website at www.nelsonmandelabay.gov.za. You can find the necessary documentation for online applications under the ‘Vacancies‘ section. It is recommended to submit your application in a timely manner to allow for any potential queries that may arise.
Please note that hand delivered or mailed applications will not be accepted for this position. If you have any inquiries, you can contact the Receptionist at 041 506 3259.
In terms of its Employment Equity Plan, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is committed to employment practices that redress past imbalances in respect of race, gender and disability, and as such the relevant policy will be considered during selection and placement.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply, unless otherwise stated in the advertisement.