POSITION: Warehouse Picker (Night Shift)
Location: City Deep, Gauteng
Shift Duration: 8 hours per shift
Work Schedule: 6 shifts per week
Salary: To be confirmed
- Read Tips for a Successful Interview
- Matric qualification
- Proficiency in English
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a warehouse picker
- Ability to accurately pick, pack, wrap, and label orders for delivery
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, optimizing space utilization
- Report any discrepancies
- Collaborate effectively with supervisors and colleagues
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Adhere to quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Capability to handle heavy lifting and moving of products as required
- Familiarity with fruit and vegetable products to ensure accurate picking and packing
- Efficient work ethic, particularly during peak periods
The role of a warehouse picker is vital to our operations. As a picker, you will be responsible for accurately selecting and packing items to ensure the best quality for our stores.
Our objective is to enhance efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction. This position will report directly to the Floor Manager, Floor Supervisor, and Checker. You must be available to work a straight shift, including trading and non-trading hours, Sundays, and public holidays.
Warehouse Picker duties
The picker is an integral part of any warehouse operation. Their primary duty is to ensure that the warehouse is organized and products are easily accessible to other staff members for packaging and delivery.
In addition to organizing the warehouse, the picker is also responsible for picking and packing items for shipment. This requires a great deal of attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and efficiently. They must also be able to read and interpret product codes and labels accurately to ensure that the right products are being shipped to the right locations.
A good picker should be physically fit and able to lift heavy items. They must also be able to operate machinery such as forklifts and pallet jacks. Safety is always a top priority in the warehouse, and the picker needs to be aware of their surroundings and follow all safety protocols.
Another important aspect of the picker’s job is maintaining accurate inventory records. They must be able to keep track of the products in the warehouse and make sure that the inventory levels are up to date. This helps to ensure that the warehouse is always stocked with the necessary products and that orders can be fulfilled in a timely manner.
In summary, the picker plays a crucial role in the smooth operation of a warehouse. They are responsible for organizing and maintaining the warehouse, picking and packing items for shipment, operating machinery, and maintaining accurate inventory records. Without a skilled picker, the warehouse would struggle to function efficiently and effectively.