TEACHER ASSISTANT AND AFTERCARE ASSISTANT
Responsibilities of the applicant include:
- Read Tips for a Successful Interview
- Providing one-on–one review sessions with students to reinforce classroom material.
- Working with small groups of students to support their learning process.
- Supervising and accompanying students during school outings and activities.
- Assisting teachers with various tasks.
- Reporting any behavioral concerns to teachers and helping students adjust and socialize.
- Assisting in the coordination and administration of aftercare programs.
- Contributing to the development of creative activities and resources.
- Communicating with parents, caregivers, and extracurricular service providers.
- Supervising homework sessions.
- Staying informed about school events and functions.
- Assisting in the organization and implementation of holiday care programs.
Qualifications of the applicant should include:
- Previous experience as a Teacher Assistant.
- A passion for and experience working with children aged 4-12.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a kind but firm demeanor.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to build positive relationships with students, staff, and parents.
- A collaborative mindset and a willingness to be involved in school life.
- First Aid certification.
- A teaching qualification or current enrollment in a teaching program.
TEACHER ASSISTANT, To apply, please submit a letter of application, along with a detailed CV, three references who can be contacted, proof of SACE registration or proof of application to SACE, and a Police Clearance certificate.
Please submit your application for the position to the following email address: email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 13 October 2023. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not received any communication from us by 20 October 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.
TEACHER ASSISTANT At Micklefield School, we prioritize the protection of personal information in accordance with the POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act). We will make every effort to maintain the confidentiality of all applicants for this role.
Appropriate measures will be implemented to safeguard personal information during the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of this disclaimer.